- New granular, viscous, and viscoelastic materials.
- New rigid and elastic deformer.
- New "Particle Skinner" tool transfers position and velocity data from particles to objets to move and deform them.
- Multi-physics solver (I). All materials are managed under the same solver framework.
- Multi-physics solver (II). Different fluid and deformer types are able to interact, e.g. granular + liquids, viscoelastic + granular, elastic + liquid.
- Speed and memory improvements (GPU 3-8x faster than CPU).
- Improved robustness of GPU calculations.
- Huge speed improvement in calculating the volume of interacting objects.
- Interactions between multiple fluids.
Multiple scene objects within the same project.
New "Tensile Strength" parameter helps to shape and improve a fluid's borders in conjunction with "Surface Tension".
New "Vorticity Boost" parameter for vivid and turbulent fluids.
- Use image maps for an object's friction, stickiness, roughness, etc. to influence particles.
- 2.5 Updated Dyverso library with better GPU support.
- 2.5 Improved stability with Thinking Particles, less RAM-consuming.
- 2.5 "Image" emitter supports animated textures and Cinema 4D noise shaders.
- 2.5 Adjustable image resolution for "Image" emitter in Cinema 4D's preferences.
- New "Reset Age" and "Keep Source Particles" options for the "Filter" daemon.
- New and versatile falloff functions for many force-based daemons.
- New random parameters for improved and more realistic filtering.
- 2.5 Falloff for DSpline daemons.
- Better and more robust collaboration with external render engines.
- Improved motion blur: motion blur is now possible in conjunction with particles and render instances.
- 2.5 More and improved vertex maps for meshes.
- 2.5 Weight maps for meshes.
- 2.5 Improved "Scale" parameters for mesh vertex maps.
- 2.5 Global and node-specifc frame offset parameters for synchronizing simulations with other Cinema 4D scene elements.
- Meshes can now be built from already cached simulations with the "Cache Meshes" button.
- New "RealFlow" preferences entry to specify a default cache folder.
- Improved connection to Cinema 4D's MoGraph, Hair, and Take.
- New "Volume" und "Collider" tags.
- Fluid masking allows to shape particle volumes through helper objects.
- Improved and faster method for filling object volumes with particles.
- Automatic or manual time step management.
- New "Links" field for type-aware linking of fluids, deformer, emitters, daemons, and collision objects.
- Random parameters for scatter effects like sand piles, river gravel, ground rocks, etc.
- 2.5 Multiple "Collider" tags per object.
- 2.5 Real-time viewport preview for vertex and weight maps.
- 2.5 Highlight new parameters, options, and features in Cinema 4D's GUI.
- 2.5 Improved Thinking Particles workflow.
- 2.5 New modes for "Fill" emitter: filling and particle layer on object's surface.
- 2.5 New, powerful visualizer tool for previewing, adjusting, and evaluating force-based daemons.
- New plugin architecture
- Cache file format is Alembic Ogawa for meshes and particles.
- For rigid and elastic deformer we use a proprietary format, but only temporarily. We will be moving to Alembic for these types as soon as possible.
- 2.5 Improved stability and bug fixes.