- When using GPU render engine, the denoised image will always be calculated at the end of the process only; "Each SL" method won't be available. Also, as Shadow and Reflectance channels are not available when using GPU engine for the moment, as a consequence of this, Auto configure will always be set to "Fast" when using GPU render engine.
- When using Extra Sampling feature, only "At end" method will be available, as "Each SL" method makes mistakes when combined with extra sampling routine.
- When using Multilight with Denoiser, if you make changes to the sliders while rendering, you won't see the expected result in the denoised image until both passes have been updated with the same light configuration. You will probably have to make the same changes in both passes.
- For the moment, once Maxwell is closed after rendering an image with Denoiser, the two passes cannot be loaded again into the interface to resume them or make changes and Re-Denoise, nevertheless, if you have at least a couple of mxi files of the same frame (and with the required channels), you can make Maxwell denoise them by running the following commands through command line:
- The Denoiser does not work with CPU Draft engine; if you notice an unexpected error and the render is not launched with extra channels when using the Denoiser, most probably you are using CPU Draft engine. Please use CPU Production or GPU engines to solve the problem.
- In some particular situations, Maxwell produces a wrong Shadow channel with big black dots; in this casesthese cases, it's better not to use it to calculate the denoised image or it will introduce artefacts in the final image. In this case, it is recommended not to use Auto configure in "Accurate" method and avoid using Shadow channel at all.
- If the image is very small and the render very fast, it may occur that the Denoiser does not have enough time to compute the denoised image and its routine may eventually fail. In this casesthese cases, please, set it to apply Denoiser "At end" or increase "starting with SL" value.
- When launching a network render with Denoiser, previews are not working.
- When launching a network render in single mode with Denoiser, if the job is stopped before it has started the second pass, the job will become irresponsive (internally, it will try to start the second pass instead of stopping, and the interface will fall into an unknown state).
- In some cases, usually when rendering big images, you may get this error: "Error running denoise process: OpenCL exception". Most probably this is caused by your graphics card running out of memory. In this case, it is recommended to change to CPU (where it is very common to have a bigger amount of memory available). When using the CPU you may run into another error about missing OpenCL ICDs; please check CPU or GPU section above to find a solution for that.