Here is a brief overview of what is new in RealFlow 10.0 and 10.1
- New viscous and viscoelastic materials (10.1).
- Dyverso Multi-Physics solver. Liquid, granular, elastic, and rigid All materials are managed under the same solver framework.
- The "Bitmap" emitter now shows the bitmap used for emission in the viewport.
- Huge speed improvement in calculating the volume of interacting objects.
- New parameter "Continuous Collision Detection" for the Dyverso solver. Thin objects are seen by the solver even when the time step is very small.
- Dyverso solver speed and memory improvements:
GPU 3-8x (over CPU)
GPU CUDA 3x (over RealFlow 2015)
GPU OpenCL 3x (over RealFlow 2015)
CPU 2x (over RealFlow 2015)
- Hybrido solver speed improvements: up to → 2x faster with large scenes.
- Hybrido solver memory improvements. Now the the grid creation mode has been removed as it is always sparse. This means a huge improvement in memory consumption compared to scenes where the "Dense" mode was used.
- New, more realistic, way of generating Hybrido foam.
- "Time Scale" option now affects all Hybrido secondary fluid emitters.
- Huge speed improvement in calculating the volumes of interacting objects.
- Completely OpenVDB-based workflow.
GUI and Workflow
- New "Alembic" and "SD" panels for animation control (10.1).
- "Skinner" daemon can be used with cached particle sources (10.1)
- New, more, and better cloning options (10.1).
- "Allow faster than FPS playback" tries to maintain the adjusted FPS rate during playback - or not (10.1).
- Video output format has moved from AVI and QuickTime to MP4 (10.1).
- New project management window with direct access to demo scenes and extended scene information.
- New "Export" panel for nodes. Now it is possible to change the export options directly in the node export panel without going through the "Export Central" window.
- Improvements on the parameters panel: a group of related parameters can be collapsed/expanded for better readability.
- New "Pack and Go" tool. Create a zip file that contains all the external files needed by your scene. Advanced options to manage cache files and much more.
- New functionality for parenting nodes in the "Nodes" panel.
- Better support for 4K monitors.
- New "Save incremental" option to save different versions of the same scene with different file names automatically.
- Environment variables can now be used in many different parts of RealFlow where text is required. For instance in the preferences window for setting standard folders.
- Possibility of disabling the saving of standard particle fluids and RealWave surfaces in the project file. This will speed up loading and exchanging project files.
- New preview function with project thumbnails and descriptions.
Other Improvements and Novelties
- New "Filter" daemon options "randomization", "filter by Id", and "keep source particles" (10.1).
- Thickness parameter for the Dyverso “Spline" emitter (10.1).
- New demo projects shipping with RealFlow 10.1 featuring granular, viscous, viscoelastic materials, and more.
- New option in the "k Volume" daemon for using arbitrary objects to delete particles.
- Removed bounded parameters in some daemons where the same functionality can be achieved using the falloff option.
- The "Quick Access Tool" lets you browse through RealFlow's commands and tools by entering a name or a part of it.
- Daemons with the falloff option now accept objects to calculate the falloff's shape.
- A new "Particle Skinner" daemon lets you transfer particle positions to an object's vertices – great for Dyverso's new "Rigid" and "Elastic" materials.
- Alembic files use the Ogawa backend; MD5 is still available on demand in RealFlow's preferences.
- RealFlow 10's Alembic files are now compatible with Clarisse iFX.
- We have changed our version scheme and went back to our former standard enumeration. The new version number is RealFlow 10 instead of RealFlow 2016.
- New "Group" object. Now, group containers are objects and can be scaled, rotated and positioned as any other object. A group's children will be transformed as well.
- Many, many bug fixes.