Release date: April 2nd, 2019
Please take a close look at RealFlow | Cinema 4D's list of limitations and known bugs. It is a valuable resource when you encounter problems, crashes, or difficulties:
- Cinema 4D R15, R16, R17, R18, R19 or R20 (64 bit only)
- Windows 7 (or higher) or macOS 10.9 (or higher) operating system.
- CPU 64-bit Intel® or AMD® multi-core processor.
- 8 GB RAM.
- 100 MB disk space for installation.
- Network adapter and internet access for license activation.
- RealFlow | Cinema 4D supports GPU-based simulations and multi-core/multi-processor systems.
Since fluid simulations are computationally expensive and allocate large amounts of disk space we recommend Intel® i7 or Xeon systems (or comparable), 16 GB RAM (or more) and a 512 GB hard disk drive/SDD.
- RFCFD-634 - New daemon that allows for the creation of the fluid effect typically seen at Hi-speed macro photography.
- RFCFD-669 - Force scale for daemons.
- RFCFD-682 - New curvature-cohesion model added to surface tension daemon.
- RFCFD-668 - Mesher can be clipped using Cinema R20 fields.
- RFCFD-630 - Quads can be used, instead of triangles, for meshing.
- RFCFD-673 - Stitcher for Alembic files.
- RFCFD-666 - Sub-frame interpolation, to sample properly creation of particles and daemon forces between frames.
- RFCFD-670 - Translation/Rotation/Scale transformations for fluids.
- RFCFD-678 - Thinking Particles and geometry instances can be scaled using particles speed, age and vorticity.
- RFCFD-632 - New menu buttons for quick access to "Cache Simulation", "Cache Meshes" and toggle "Use cache" on/off.
- RFCFD-651 - New Node "Spline Control Circle" to increase flexibility to define forces in "Spline Daemon" and particle emission in "Spline Emitter".
- RFCFD-622 - Possibility to enable/disable disk write per node in the Cache parameters tab.
- RFCFD-560 - New "Cache filename" parameter for domain and mesh nodes, to specify the filename prefix that will be used as output.
- RFCFD-533 - When a caching process is about to be launched, check node names in the scene to warn the user about possible name conflicts.
- RFCFD-679 - License file can be installed with License Dialog.
- RFCFD-351 - Array Tool: Parameters can't be animated for meshes.
- RFCFD-517 - Initial State files created in RealFlow | Cinema 4D 1.0 are not compatible with 2.0 version due to the switch from RPC to Alembic.
- RFCFD-580 - Mesh fluid/emitter weight vertex map computation is limited to a maximum amount of 10.
- RFCFD-358 - File paths can't have unicode characters on Mac OS X.
- RFCFD-519 - Simulation steps configuration from RealFlow | Cinema 4D 1.0 scenes is reset to Auto mode when opened in version 2.0 and higher.
- RFCFD-469 - Simulation look on render may differ between multiple simulation/renders unless caching is enabled.
- RFCFD-486 - Objects deformed with Rigid, Elastic and Particle Skinner only support motion blur when using the Point Cache tag.
- RFCFD-499 - Particle render instances are not rendered/recognized by NVIDIA's Iray.
- RFCFD-500 - Motion blur with meshes doesn't work with NVIDIA's Iray.
- RFCFD-501 - Motion blur with meshes doesn't work with Maxwell Render.
- RFCFD-356 - When using a multi-segment spline with the spline emitter node the "Prev" and "Next" buttons only iterate through the control points on the current segment.
- RFCFD-681 - Ring Ratio parameter in Circle emitter is disabled if Volume parameter is greater than zero.
- RFCFD-667 - Instances should be created in the same place where the particles are regardless the scene transformation.
RFCFD-680 - Sometimes the number of mesh channels are less than the number of fluids to mix.
- RFCFD-676 - Wetmaps are not being displayed in Cinema R20.
- RFCFD-354 - If a segment is removed the configuration of the circles of the other segments is reset.
- RFCFD-353 - Undo/Redo is not working when a control point is added.
- RFCFD-522 - Emitter ID value is not preserved on scene reopening.
- RFCFD-551 - Having two or more k Isolated daemons linked to the same fluid makes the isolation value grow as many times as the number of k Isolated linked daemons.