Release date: May, 30th 2018
Please take a close look at RealFlow | Cinema 4D's list of limitations and known bugs. It is a valuable resource when you encounter problems, crashes, or difficulties:
- Cinema 4D R15, R16, R17, R18 or R19 (64 bit only)
- Windows 7 (or higher) or macOS 10.9 (or higher) operating system.
- CPU 64-bit Intel® or AMD® multi-core processor.
- 8 GB RAM.
- 100 MB disk space for installation.
- Network adapter and internet access for license activation.
- RealFlow | Cinema 4D supports GPU-based simulations and multi-core/multi-processor systems.
Since fluid simulations are computationally expensive and allocate large amounts of disk space we recommend Intel® i7 or Xeon systems (or comparable), 16 GB RAM (or more) and a 512 GB hard disk drive/SDD.
- RFCFD-351 - Array Tool: Parameters can't be animated for meshes.
- RFCFD-517 - Initial State files created in RealFlow | Cinema 4D 1.0 are not compatible with 2.0 version due to the switch from RPC to Alembic.
- RFCFD-356 - When using a multi-segment spline with the spline emitter node the "Prev" and "Next" buttons only iterate through the control points on the current segment.
- RFCFD-580 - Mesh fluid/emitter weight vertex map computation is limited to a maximum amount of 10.
- RFCFD-358 - File paths can't have unicode characters on Mac OS X.
- RFCFD-519 - Simulation steps configuration from RealFlow | Cinema 4D 1.0 scenes is reset to Auto mode when opened in 2.0 version.
- RFCFD-469 - Simulation look on render may differ between multiple simulation/renders unless caching is enabled.
- RFCFD-486 - Objects deformed with Rigid, Elastic and Particle Skinner only support motion blur when using the Point Cache tag.
- RFCFD-499 - Particle render instances are not rendered/recognized by NVIDIA's Iray.
- RFCFD-500 - Motion blur with meshes doesn't work with NVIDIA's Iray.
- RFCFD-501 - Motion blur with meshes doesn't work with Maxwell Render.
- RFCFD-530 - Particle render instances original objects remain visible during render.
- RFCFD-616 - Cinema 4D crashes on caching if the cache folder field is empty.
- RFCFD-617 - Animated cache offsets do not work in render time.
- RFCFD-623 - Setting the same fluid as source and target in a Filter daemon freezes Cinema 4D.
- RFCFD-626 - Attractor daemon "Internal Radius", "External Radius" and "Planet Radius" parameters should have units.
- RFCFD-625 - Attractor viewport representation does not match its behavior when Attenuated is enabled.
- RFCFD-618 - Mesher vertex maps don't work with Octane render. (Version 3.08 of Octane plugin fixes the issue).
- RFCFD-620 - There is a one frame offset when rendering meshes with motion blur enabled.
Save and Load
- RFCFD-624 - Particle UVs are not loaded in cache mode.
- RFCFD-621 - It is possible to type negative values for scene simulation steps and iterations.
- RFCFD-522 - Emitter ID value is not preserved on scene reopening.
- RFCFD-354 - If a segment is removed the configuration of the circles of the other segments is reset.
- RFCFD-353 - Undo/Redo is not working when a control point is added.
- RFCFD-551 - Having two or more k Isolated daemons linked to the same fluid makes the isolation value grow as many times as the number of k Isolated linked daemons.