Release date: July, 25th 2017
Please take a close look at RealFlow | Cinema 4D's list of limitations and known bugs. It is a valuable resource when you encounter problems, crashes, or difficulties:
- Cinema 4D R15, R16, R17, R18 or R19 (when available) (64 bit only)
- Windows 7 (or higher) or OS X 10.9 (or higher) operation systems Intel® or comparable main processor
- 8 GB RAM
- 100 MB disk space for installation
- Network adapter and internet access for license activation
- RealFlow | Cinema 4D supports GPU-based simulations and multi-core/multi-processor systems.
Since fluid simulations are computationally expensive and allocate large amounts of disk space we recommend Intel® i7 or Xeon systems (or comparable), 16 GB RAM (or more) and a 512 GB hard disk drive/SDD.
- RFCFD-386 - New Multiphysics solver: granular, viscous, viscoelastic, rigid and elastic.
- RFCFD-409 - New random transformations for child objects of fluids.
- RFCFD-443 - New Rigid deformer node to simulate rigids coupled with other fluids, rigids and elastics.
- RFCFD-444 - New Elastic deformer node to simulate elastics coupled with other fluids, rigids and elastics.
- RFCFD-428 - Now fluids can interact between them.
- RFCFD-419 - New tag "Volume" to configure volume parameters.
- RFCFD-408 - Particle Skinner deformer.
- RFCFD-366 - Force daemons controllability with native Cinema 4D falloffs.
- RFCFD-407 - Killer daemons controllability with native Cinema 4D falloffs.
- RFCFD-418 - "Scene" and "Linked Fluids" parameters for Collider tag.
- RFCFD-367 - Collider tag parameters texture mapping. Bounce, Sticky, Friction, Roughness, and Collider Velocity Factor.
- RFCFD-122 - Meshing of cached fluids.
- RFCFD-368 - Improved robustness of node handling.
- RFCFD-445 - Emission mask to avoid explosions if emitters and objects are overlapped.
- RFCFD-421 - Fill emitter volume parameters can be modified with a Volume tag.
- RFCFD-411 - New parameter "Fill mode" for Fill emitter to create the particles in the solid or non solid object region.
- RFCFD-401 - New "Thickness" parameter for spline emitter
- RFCFD-422 - Particle Skinner volume parameters can be modified with a Volume tag.
- RFCFD-403 - Filter should work without target selected
- RFCFD-430 - New "Keep Source Particles" parameter for Filter daemon to avoid deleting the original filtered particle.
- RFCFD-431 - New "Reset Age" parameter for Filter daemon to set the age attribute to zero for filtered particles.
- RFCFD-432 - New "Randomness" parameters for Filter daemon.
- RFCFD-433 - New "Emitter ID" Filter daemon attribute.
- RFCFD-467 - RFCFD-433 - New "Emitter ID" Filter daemon attribute.
- RFCFD-420 - Collider tag volume parameters can be set through a Volume tag.
- RFCFD-495 - Multiple instances of Collider tag for the same object are allowed.
Cinema 4D UI
- RFCFD-429 - Checkbutton to hide simulation info in the viewport.
- RFCFD-404 - Output format for fluid caches has switched from RPC to Alembic.
- RFCFD-394 - Default cache path setup inside preferences dialog.
- RFCFD-516 - When cache mode is enabled the RealFlow logo in the viewport displays the "cache" word.
- RFCFD-529 - Possibility to bake rigid and elastic deformations as objects with Point Level Animation.
- RFCFD-468 - GPU simulation options have been simplified to a single "Use GPU" and the device to use.
- RFCFD-447 - New "Max Particles" parameter for fluids.
- RFCFD-505 - New "Auto" parameter for simulation number of threads to use always the maximum available.
- RFCFD-351 - Array Tool: Parameters can't be animated for meshes.
- RFCFD-517 - Initial State files created in RealFlow | Cinema 4D 1.0 are not compatible with 2.0 version due to the switch from RPC to Alembic.
- RFCFD-356 - When using a multi-segment spline with the spline emitter node the "Prev" and "Next" buttons only iterate through the control points on the current segment.
- RFCFD-358 - File paths can't have unicode characters on Mac OS X.
- RFCFD-519 - Simulation steps configuration from RealFlow | Cinema 4D 1.0 scenes is reset to Auto mode when opened in 2.0 version.
- RFCFD-469 - Simulation look on render may differ between multiple simulation/renders unless caching is enabled.
- RFCFD-486 - Objects deformed with Rigid, Elastic and Particle Skinner only support motion blur when using the Point Cache tag.
- RFCFD-499 - Particle render instances are not rendered/recognized by NVIDIA's Iray.
- RFCFD-500 - Motion blur with meshes doesn't work with NVIDIA's Iray.
- RFCFD-501 - Motion blur with meshes doesn't work with Maxwell Render.
- RFCFD-530 - Particle render instances original objects remain visible during render.
- RFC4D-348 - Mesher nodes can't create geometry from cached Fluids.
- RFCFD-346 - Fluids don't interact between them.
- RFCFD-347 - All geometry with a collider tag attached interact with all the Fluids in the scene. There is no way to attach specific geometry to a specific Fluid.
- RFCFD-350 - Array Tool doesn't work with Mesher nodes.
- RFCFD-360 - Filter daemon expressions are ignored.
- RFCFD-387 - Vorticity is not present as an attribute in Filter daemon.
- RFCFD-361 - When the RFConnect plugin is installed the "RealFlow Mesh Exporter" and the "RealFlow SD Exporter" don't work if there is a RealFlow Scene node in the scene. Workaround: Before exporting unparent all nodes from the Scene node and remove it, then export, and the undo the last two actions to recove the Scene node.
- RFCFD-494 - Geometry instanced on fluid particle positions does not support motion blur.
RFCFD-355 - Undo/Redo actions in the Emitters, Fluids, Meshers and Deamons parent nodes will make the scene to stop working. Please note here we are referring to the parent nodes that are used to group nodes by category.
- RFCF4-352 - Crash when using a Mesher node with animated parameters for external rendering. Workaround: Before rendering do a cache of the simulation.
- RFCFD-389 - Show Collision Geometry is not working in the collider tag.
- RFCFD-512 - Objects with animated local transformations which belong to a Symmetry are not properly recognized by the Collider tag.
- RFCFD-348 - Wrong axis setup of stored meshes.
Cinema 4D UI
- RFCFD-388 - Strictness parameter min max values are incorrect.
- RFCFD-487 - Filtering particles against vorticity doesn't work.
- RFCFD-291 - Spline emitter is not properly scaled when changing project scale.
- RFCFD-510 - If GPU simulation is enabled, objects instanced on particle positions may change every 5 frames.
- RFCFD-456 - Setting a 0 value for the "Volume" parameter for emitters that have this parameter is not working, i.e. particle number remains the same.
- RFCFD-379 - Negative values of the Surface Offset parameter are actually evaluated as 0.0.
- RFCFD-471 - When all remaining particles of a fluid are removed, the related Thinking Particles group still contains the removed particles.
- RFCFD-490 - Converting fluid particles to Thinking Particles leaks memory during simulation.
- RFCFD-522 - Emitter ID value is not preserved on scene reopening.
RFCFD-531 - GPU simulation crashes if TurbulenceFD plugin is installed and user has multiple NVIDIA graphic cards.
- RFCFD-349 - If two different Fluid nodes are linked to the same Emitter node particles get created continuously only in the first linked Fluid.
- RFCFD-354 - If a segment is removed the configuration of the circles of the other segments is reset.
- RFCFD-353 - Undo/Redo is not working when a control point is added.
- RFCFD-200 - Split parameter does not work for k Age and k Speed daemons.
RFCFD-528 - Creating Thinking Particles groups for Fluids with the same name may lead to unexpected behaviour.