Floating licenses have to be installed manually and require a license manager ("RLM"):
- Check if there is a RLM server running on your machine.
Open a browser and enter the IP of the computer where the RLM will be installed, followed by ":5054", for example
- If not, install the → RLM before you start with the licensing process.
- If there is a RLM running read the → "Floating : RLM" chapter for more information.
The installation of floating licenses requires two steps:
Installing the License
The license file will be sent to you in a separate email. Copy the license file to
C:\Program Files\Next Limit\RealFlow Cinema4D 1\rlm
Creating the Host Files
Let's assume the computer with RLM has the following IP address:
192.168.2.2 (example - use actual IP from your own computer!):
- Create a plain text file and type
HOST 192.168.2.2 5053
- Save the file as
C:\users\<username>\Documents\realflow_cinema4d\licenseof all computers you want to use - including the machine with the RLM.
Open the RLM web interface with
192.168.2.2:5054 (example only) and
- click on "Reread/Restart Servers"
- click on "Status" and look for "nextlimit" in the "ISV Servers" table
- you will find all relevant license information under Server Status > nextlimit (see below).